Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The Architecture of Space

JAMES POMERANTZ
In His Own Words

 ©James Pomerantz, courtesy INSTITUTE for Artists Management

Series: Remote Control
Title: Remote Control #1, 2009
Size: 22"x44"
Medium: Pigment Print
Edition: 10
Price: $2,000


"These images are composites comprised of multiple screen grabs taken from an anonymous webcam that I accessed via the Internet, between Fall 2009 and Spring 2010. The camera gives me the ability to pan and tilt from my computer at home. The individual images are then stitched together. There is a liberation that comes from being ignorant about the location of the camera. As a documentary photographer, I am normally expected to be able to share some insightful information about what my images depict. The webcam releases me from the accountability and responsibility to Witness that comes with being a photojournalist."

No comments:

Post a Comment