Tuesday, September 10, 2013

HELEN SEAR: THE WAKELIN AWARD 2013

Gallery artist, Helen Sear, has been awarded the prestigious Wakelin Award 2013. The award is given annually to a Welsh artist, whose work is purchased for the Glynn Vivian Art Gallery's permanent collection. 

Helen Sear's high-definition video installation, Chameleon, was selected for the award by Nicholas Thornton – Head of Modern and Contemporary Art at the Amgueddfa Cymru-National Museum, Wales. Chameleon depicts a sunflower, filmed at night and lit by torchlight.


"I'm delighted that Chameleon will be joining a major public collection in Swansea and I'm pleased to have selected. The Wakelin Award offers recognition for artists such as myself based in Wales and I'd like to thank the organisers for their generosity. I look forward to my video installation joining the work of both past and future award holders".—Helen Sear
Helen Sear is represented in the US exclusively by Klompching Gallery, with three solo exhibitions presented since 2009. Her most recent photographic artworks can be viewed online HERE.

Chameleon, 2013. Video Projection, loop  of 14 minutes © Helen Sear

No comments:

Post a Comment